Saturday, May 26, 2012

Thoughtful Gestures

With eighteen days left of school, many of us are tapping into our deepest reserve of perseverance, kindness, and patience. Many routines are altered to accommodate special activities. Teachers have a triple load of teaching, assessing and writing up reports. All of us have to complete our planning for next year and wrap up all the loose ends from this year before school closes. It is all wonderful and meaningful work, and I love every minute of it. However, there are moments when it feels a bit overwhelming.

Then on Friday afternoon, on my way back from drying up little tears, this was on my desk. The depth of encouragement I felt . . . that is, a lovely refill of courage in my heart came to be. I am reminded of the importance of putting good intent into actions, and am going to do a little something for someone every day for the next seventeen days of school.

Thank you for the inspiration~

No comments:

Post a Comment