Monday, March 20, 2017
Saturday, January 14, 2017
My favorite part of this video is the end, the strategies for repairing impact of stress on our brains. Truth be told, I got more and more stressed watching the video until the end. Let's breath together and take care of our brains!
Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Kindergarten/Prekindergarten Information NightWednesday, January 18, 2017
(snow date, Thursday, January 19th)
Cunniff School: 6:30-7:30pm
Hosmer School: 6:30-7:30pm
Lowell School: 6:30-7:30pm
Parents/Guardians of children entering Kindergarten and/or Pre-Kindergarten in the fall of 2017 are invited to attend this information meeting. You will…..
- learn about early education in Watertown
- find out when to register your child
- learn how to register your child for school
- ask questions about early education and registration
- pick up registration packets*
Parents should attend the session held at their neighborhood school. If you do not know your neighborhood school, please call the Registrar’s office at 617-972-4216.
- Your child must turn 5 years of age before September 1, 2017**
Full Day Pre-Kindergarten Requirements:
- Your child must turn 4 years of age before September 1, 2017**
- Pre-Kindergarten (only) registration begins.
- January 19, 2017
- Return completed registration packet to the Early Steps Preschool (at the Hosmer School)
- Kindergarten Registration Week.
- Monday, January 23rd through Friday, January 27th, 7:30 AM – 1:00 PM
- Tuesday, January 24th, 6:00 – 8:00 PM
- Wednesday, January 25th, 4:00 – 6:00 PM
- Return completed registration packet to the registrar’s office located at 30 Common Street
* Kindergarten registration packets are available on the Watertown Public Schools website, http://www.watertown.k12.ma.us
** Please note the age requirement date change per School Committee meeting of 12/7/15
Saturday, December 31, 2016
Saturday, December 17, 2016
"The adults observing the children look over at me with worried looks. I instruct them to observe but stay close and hidden among the trees. Secretly, I’m wondering if we should intervene now, but something tells me to wait."
An excerpt from Why adults have to stop trying so darn hard to control how children play by Valerie Strauss, The Washington Post, December 11th, 2015. An oldie but a goodie about why we should supervise our children's play but understand that there is a balance between supporting and hovering.
Monday, November 21, 2016
"Hate" has 4 letters, but so does "Love"
"Enemies" has 7 letters, but so does "Friends"
"Lying" has 5 letters, but so does "Truth"
"Hurt" has 4 letters, but so does "Heal"
Transform every negative energy into an aura of "Possibility".
It is our perception that makes the difference in the way we feel.
Wisdom from Stuart, who will be joining the board tomorrow~